Beirut City Break Tour
4 Days and 3 Nights, From £380 per person (3-4 Star Package)
- Transfer to and from Rafik Hariri International Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in the 3-4 star hotels
- Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
- Luxury transportation with driver
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions in the program (if any)
- Tour Details
Day 1: London/ Beirut
Meet at London Heathrow for flights to Beirut in the Lebanon. Upon arrival at Beirut (the Rafic Hariri International Airport), travellers will be met and guided by an assigned tour guide. They will be transferred to the relevant hotel and rest for the remainder of the day / evening.
Welcome to the Lebanon!
Day 2: Beirut
1. Travel Weekly named Beirut in Lebanon as one of the hottest city break destinations in 2010.
2. New York Times voted Beirut the number one place to visit in 2009.
3. Lonely Planet listed Beirut as one the top ten liveliest cities in the world in 2009.
After breakfast, we will have a Beirut city tour. The sightseeing will include attractions such as the National Museum, which houses Lebanon’s archaeological treasure; the ancient Al-Omari Mosque, dating back to the 13th century; four corniced Roman columns at Nejmeh (Star) Square, the Parliament Building and the historic Greek Orthodox and Greek Catholic churches opposite the Parliament building. Beirut is generally full of beautiful and unique buildings with Roman Crusaders, Mamluke, Byzantines and Ottoman structures abound.
Our visit is incomplete without visiting the Pigeons' Rock (Raouché), which overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. These huge rock formations, which stand like two formidable guards, are the most recognisable natural landmark of Lebanon. We will walk along the pedestrian promenade to experience local places where people relax whilst waiting for the sunset.
After dinner, transfers to the hotel will take place and for an overnight stay. However for those who are still full of energy and the zest for life, Beirut’s amazing night life is waiting for you. Beirut is not called ‘Paris of the East’ for nothing!
1. Lunch and Dinner will be provided in local restaurants in Beirut, Lebanon
Day 3: Beirut/ Byblos/ Jeita
After breakfast, we will travel 38 kilometres to the coast of Beirut to explore the ancient town of Byblos (or Jubayl in Arabic). With its 7,000 years of history dating from the Phoenician and Canaanite periods and its picturesque medieval port, Byblos is a must-see Lebanon site for every traveller. After lunch we will continue our journey to Jeita Grotto. Stalagmites and stalactites have formed a fantastic decor and natural gallery to these mythical limestone caves. On the way back to Beirut, we will drive past breath-taking scenery of the Lebanon; the waterfalls and terrace hills of the Shuf Mountains.
1. Lunch will be at a local restaurant in Byblos, Lebanon
2. Dinner will be at a local restaurant in Beirut, Lebanon
Day 4: Beirut/ London
The group will finally gather at the hotel lobby in the early morning for airport transfers and the departure from Lebanon to London.